NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
LOVE TURKEY HUNTING ALMOST AS MUCH AS DRUM FISHIN :) HAVENT DONE MUCH HERE IN N.C BUT P.A WAS EVERY YEAR FIRST DAY BIBLE SCHOOL FOR ME AND MY STEPSON.
WILL BE HUNTING P.A AGAIN THIS YEAR BUT ALSO GONNA TRY HERE AGAIN IF PEOPLE DONT HAVE THE BIRDS CALL SHY SINCE LAST MONTH :)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I saw a gaggle of 'em (is that the right term?) beside Davis Drive in western wake county last week. One (the lookout?) had his tailfeathers all fanned out, about five others were eating...

The one was awful big and fat... Yummy...

Reactions: NCPIERMAN

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
I CALL EM FLOCKS LOL BUT ANY TERM IS ALL GOOD,I HAVE MY SCOUT IN P.A KEEPING TRACK OF SEVERAL FLOCKS WITH GOOD LONG BIRDS IN THEM 20+ POUNDERS.
LAST BIRD I SHOT UP THERE WAS 24.3 WITH A 11 3\4 BIRD AND 5\8 SPIRS NOT BIG SPIRS FOR SUCH A BIG BIRD WELL FEED I GUESS AND WELL EATEN FOR SURE ;)

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 on the Toms............I usually try and make it a few days of hte season. There are some birds in my area but they get call shy and people shy after while.

Hard to find a place and hunt with out everyone knowing.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yeah, I'll be after them. Dang! Why does the crappie spawn and turkey season have to start at the same time! Decisions. Decisions....Wonder if I can find a place to turkey hunt from a boat????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.