NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toba, the Pirate and I hit Harris today. Great day for vertical jigging, no wind pretty much all day and perfect temps. Actually got warm out there at times. We slayed quite a few fish. We all had a handful of bass, tons of perch and catfish. All on JB custom blades. Most in the 26-30 ft range. I thought I may have caught the same fish twice until I came home and looked at the photos. Both right at 22" and well fed. Guessing both were in the 7lb range. Same spot, 30 minutes apart. Toba and the Pirate also had some nice over slot bass also, maybe they'll post em up later.

11:45

12:15

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Some nice looking fish.

I was out Saturday. Went out of the crossroads ramp. Had one bite. Talked to some others at the ramp. Couple bites. They said friends were in the tournaments there and they were all fishing the south end of the lake. Said all the bait had moved down there.

I saw plenty of bait. It was all deep. Just nothing with them.

mikeski

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Nice pigs. Talked to four other buddies yesterday and none of us got a bite even. Well actually I thought I had a bite line went slack and I yanked only to find my line was cleanly cut I guess a turtle grabbed my line.

Reactions: turtlestew

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
We fished near the dam. All I caught was an old sock:mad:
I managed a perch, but I think Evan's sock was bigger. We were deep jigging blind after coming up empty around the banks. We had hoped that the sun would help get them a little active in shallow coves, but it didn't seem to pan out.

I have it on good authority that Santa will help me see the bottom a little better. The perch was followed by a missed strike and it was also jigging deep.

It was a very nice day though.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I had an 18" slot fish saturday on a blade (given to my by the pedal pirate himself) that was about 4 lbs. He about swallowed it, had a few misses too that I didnt get the hooks in. Those fish had serious lock jaw Saturday. Two of the best Harris fishermen I know struggled to catch 14 lbs to win their tournament, other 2 tournaments had very few fish brought to the scales from what I heard.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
We fished near the dam. All I caught was an old sock:mad:
I forgot to mention I did get something Sunday a plastic bag of dog poop. People at lake lynn will pick up the poop and bag it and either toss it in the water or leave on trails versus carrying to the trash cans. This is not the first bag of poop I have caught.

Reactions: EvBlue
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.