NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
but ....but ....thems is spots aint they??

Reactions: Swampin'

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
What is the fine for a rec Fisher person holding two drum or under/over size? I mean a person that is blatantly breaking the rec rules. I'd imagine it would possibly be more than 160 hours community service but maybe not?
Ah, Facebook. It will be the demise of many. Some rightfully so and some....... well all rightfully so.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Really aint much comparison between a commercial and recreational fisherman. Atleast as much as some folks like to try to compare for arguments sake.
You could try to compare the cost of a commercial license including 100% increases in cost on some of those licenses with a 15 dollar recreational fishing license. Probably not successfully, but comparing apples to oranges happens all the time on the World Wide Web with little consequence.

Fines, sentencing etc will be different and maybe vastly different.....because there is no comparison between the two even though they keep getting compared. Round peg, square hole mentality.

Roger D over and out.

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
There really is no excuse for breaking the regulations regardless of what type of license you operate under.

I think the blatant disregard for the regulations should lead to them loosing their commercial license and they should be sold at auction to benefit our coastal resources.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Do you think not having a commercial license would stop them from doing what they did with a commercial license? I don't. You got people out here doing electrical work every day without an electrical contractor's license knowing full well the penalty is jail and not a slap on the wrist. So much so the state has an investigative staff that does nothing but look for these people.

And they still do it. And they still get caught.
The driving factor is money. Confiscate what that money is paying for. If they want it back, they can buy it back from the state.

A commercial license isn't what is allowing this behavior.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
A death sentence is a powerful statement. We still see plenty of first degree murder.
Folks **** bent on breaking the law are going to break the law.

My view on this particular case is pretty simple. Him being from a county where job opportunities are just boiling over, I'd rather keep his means to make an honest living in place rather than me keep him up.

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
Him being from Kalamazoo doesnt matter. He/they should have thought about his/their "honest" living before he/they so ridiculously broke regulations.

And in one way or another every person who purchases a rec or comm license is keeping him/them up in his/their current "honest" living.

Actions have consequences.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.