NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and ten days of soaking baits. hope the fish and weather cooperate when we get down. cant wait to feel the tough on my line. got to try some tarpon fishing, should be around by then. ncangler hows the back doing, been out in your new ride yet? HOPE TO GET TO MEET YOU IN ORIENTAL DURING THE FESTIVITIES. GOT TO RUN, CATBIRD..........

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
The back is doing better but I"m working around the clock now to catch up on lost work time from surgery. I'm supposed to have 10 days off starting June 29th. Hope to see you on the water. I'm going to do a little Tarpon fishing myself. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't meat to lurk but I followed the post about your new 8wt. How is your Red-on-the-fly experience working out? I found it interesting to see the varying post about setting up a new rod. I too spend a lot of time around the Adams creek/Oriental area throwing a long rod looking for reds and chasing the Drum and Tarpon in the summer.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi Ozark. I haven't been down to Oriental to try it yet. The wife and daughter went down for the weekend but I'm working. I finally had time to pick up my new boat on Friday but haven't put it in the water yet. I've got about 10 hours of breaking in the motor while in Oriental at the end of the month so I thought I'd practice the flyrod thing and learn new boat electronics while trolling around the Neuse. Hope to see you down there sometime!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.