NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got this yesterday in VA Creek. I was actually watching a gill netter and throwing for entertainment as I watched. I guess he, and the two others on the boat, we're trying to net mullet but I don't really know the difference between setting for mullet or flounder. I was surprised that netting was allowed on Sundays. Another odd thing was they set their nets and then drifted around throwing cast nets. After about an hour they picked up the gill nets???
Anyway as I stood on an island watching them I threw my spook across a channel. I always fish the shallows for drum so this was out of the norm for me. I get this trout on top and I was very surprised. My question is why was this the only bite? I threw a bunch more on top as well as mr17 and bottom jigs without another sniff. Nothing was around to spook them? I'm wondering if the schools move through that fast?
Sorry - can't add photo for some reason
Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for these tips. I'm glad they are not schooled up yet because now I won't go looking for any more.
Tasted pretty good.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.