NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I need one too . a little sanding and some paint will fix her right up!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boy, Ill need something exactly like that tin boat in a bit here for duck season! Got a motor for it? That boat don't look bad...it'll buff out
I have my 4hp Evinrude and Minn Kota 35 on the boat and RTR.... A Humminbird LCR 4000 also came with the boat; the connector was cut off of the transducer cable, so I soldered pins to the two conductors in the cable, socked them into the back of the unit, and it now works fine..... Actually, I'm tickled to death with the boat, and I came out $50 to the good when I bought it ! I just wish I could trade my 4 hp for a 8 hp. 4 is a little slow on that boat.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Just what 'Drop said. It doesn't look beat up at all. I don't see any dents or bends anywhere, although I might be missing them, it appears as though a good sanding, prime and paint will make that boat look awesome.

Great things about tin boats, you can use them "as is" for the most part!

Keep your eye on the classifieds for a motor. I have been looking for a mid-ranged (40-55) for my buddy and all I see are tons of 9.9 or 150's!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Boy, Ill need something exactly like that tin boat in a bit here for duck season! Got a motor for it? That boat don't look bad...it'll buff out
I will have one for sale soon. 12' Sea King with a 6HP Merc. The outboard is not pictured here. I don't use it. It needs carb work and an impeller.

Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.