NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,

I'm a current UNCW student and have been interested in fishing lately. I was wondering if you need a fishing license for Brackish water, intrercoastal bridges, and areas like that? Thank you for your time!

-Andy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Andy,

Licenses for saltwater in NC are coming in 06 I think. I also think brackish is considered salt so I don't think a license is required. You could consult the WWW pages for NC Wildlife Resources Commission, or the NC Marine Fisheries Commission, or just wait until one of us old salts comes back with the info on this board...that is if you trust a fisherman to tell the truth. Remember, not all fishermen are liars...it's just that alot of liars fish. :rolleyes: I hope you can get a summer in without the extra expense of a license. I remember how tight things were the summers I spent in Wilmington as a student. Good luck and Take a Girl Fishing!
Andy

·
Registered
13 Posts
My brother goes to UNCW also. Im down there a lot doing some fishin'. I should be down there soon so if you wanna go out and catch some let me know. His roommate knows everything about fishin down there and is a real great guy.

-fishing2fun

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can see I'm the Old Man here

My son is at UNCW but not a fisherman. But made the Deans List so thats cool
I go down from time to time and Camp on Carolina Beach and fish out there. I don't have a boat so I'm stuck to the bank.

Mstash

·
Registered
7 Posts
UNCW you need to go to the bait shop and look at the water maps. They have a line on them were you have to have a license, on the Cape Fear it is at the Sand Hill Creek and Campbell Island.You need to be careful in the back waters because the warden may not see things the way you do. State fishing license is $14.00 and that is alot better that a $180.00 ticket, and alot less trouble. I know times are hard when you are on a limited budget but I wouldnt chance it.
In 01-01-06 you will have to have saltwater license too. Be careful I like to see young fisherman and dont want you to have your day spoiled by a high dollar fish ticket. Good luck
Barry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.