NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Makes me crazy thinking how many fish "might" be down there looking at my bait but no takers.. LOL!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
This rig works! I tied it last summer just to play around with it and caught a flounder on my first cast. Luck probably had alot to do with it!! I did see one follow the upper grub in as I retreived the rig after another cast. It was awesome to watch the flounder follow it up to the surface!
FishStik

·
Registered
164 Posts
Flounder will actually follow baits a lot. That rig is supposed to be a really good rig from what I've read, but I haven't used it myself. It isn't one that's used in NC too much from what I can tell.

If you're anchored and spending any amount of time in one area. Before you leave, you should ALWAYs fish right under/around the boat, b/c you would be amazed how often a flounder will follow a bait like this but not hit it. They'll lay back down right there and be under the boat waiting for something else to come by.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.