NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between the unified and non-unified licenses? It seems that if I buy the unified fishing license, I get trout privledges for half price. Isn't that a fly-fishing privledge? I'm not really interested in fly-fishing until I figure out how to catch something besides sticks on something of a consistent basis... so I might as well spend that $5 on something else... which seems to leave me with my distinct fresh and salt-water licenses, the way I read things...

Am I understanding things correctly?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Trout privilages are needed to fish for fresh water trout, with a fly rod style or any other type hook and line. Of course you can fly fish for other species with out having the trout stamp.

The way I read the price charts:

CRFL - $15
Comprehensive Inland License (includes trout) - $20
Unified Fishing license (all the above) - $35

So if you don't want trout privileges, buy the inland and coastal licenses seperately and save five bucks.

On the list there is a $10 fee for trout privileges but I guess the only way that comes into play is if you buy a $15 inland license first and then at a later date decide to add the trout stamp?!?!?!?! Which of course would be a total of $25 vesus buying them together for $20.

Clear as mud, eh?!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CRFL = Coastal Recreational Fishing License (or at least that's close). It's NC's new saltwater fishing license, required as of yesterday. See TopsailAngler's blog for a good summary.

Mike, I think you're probably right -- ya save the $5 by buying the trout privledge along with the freshwater license, whether or not the saltwater comes along at the same time or not. That adds up better among governmental-department lines.

I went ahead and ordered the two licenses separately -- I'm curious to see whether that'll be one piece of paper or two, when the "permanent" version shows up.

Reactions: UCONNRULZ
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.