NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last three times I was out at the lake, I have been able to look RIGHT in the water and SEE the fish swimming riiiight up to bait. And leaving.
:mad:
Me and about 4 or 5 other anglers were standing on the bridge, throwing EVERYTHING we had at these suckers!!! Shad Darts, Crickets, Minnows, Night Crawlers, Plastic Worms, Jigs, Tubes, Crappie Lures, I mean the full arsenal. Spinners and everything. A couple of guys were even bonking the fish in the face with their bait, and the fish just didn't care.

We laughed and decided that it's still spawning time and the fish were more interested in "bow chickey bow wow" then they were in eating.

Funny Story, just thought I'd share with you folks...:confused:

(oh yeah... GO BULLDOGS!!!)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
just where are you fishing ?? here water vizablity is 4-6" if they are looking but not biting that means #1 speed is wrong and #2 bait needs help.

change up your speed and add scent..

zooker

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yknow, it's funny how things work......

no sooner did I post that, then I said "eh what the hay...." and went out to Lake Wilson Reservoir and started tossing Crappie Jigs at sunset. Just for kicks.

Pulled up about 2 or 3 little spotted Crappie and then a REAL nice size bass... on a crappie jig. (go figure!!)

Just goes to show... the minute you think you should give up hope, hang in there and the fishing gods take care of you.... and maybe help you get back to the root of why we fish.

CAUSE IT'S FUN!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.