NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're pulling the camper down to Otway Monday May 12th for a week. Got a few folks coming in May 16th, and a few more gossipin about a group yak float on Saturday the 17th, exact location of the float TBD. The campground has been previously vetted by the founding fathers so it's a sure bet for a good time. We'll have Grillzilla with us as well as the spice cabinet so if you kill it I'll grill it. Show up on Friday or Saturday for some quality fellowship and hopefully some fish catching, come in the evening and we'll carry on like it's the 4th of July!

According to the campground owners they only have room for one more camper but plenty of room for tents. There's a ramp and pier in the CG and it's on Ward Creek just off the North River. Quick shot to Harker's & the Cape in one direction and Beaufort/Morehead in the other.

If you're interested PM me or call (919) 666-RedX.

Coastal Riverside Campground Location -> https://www.google.com/maps/preview...sATNjIGwCA&ved=0CNcFEPwSMGQ&source=newuser-ws

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the usual species caught? I'd like to try and get out there at some point. Thanks
This time of year, trout & red drum, with the occasional black drum thrown in for good measure. Can't keep the trout but they're fun none the less. I'll be fishing Monday - thu - Saturday as well as begging intel from the locals. Hopefully by Saturday we'll have a decent location nailed down. Come on and join the fun. We'll try to grill fish Saturday night, but if all else fails yard bird will suffice.

Reactions: wademaster

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
This time of year, trout & red drum, with the occasional black drum thrown in for good measure. Can't keep the trout but they're fun none the less. I'll be fishing Monday - thu - Saturday as well as begging intel from the locals. Hopefully by Saturday we'll have a decent location nailed down. Come on and join the fun. We'll try to grill fish Saturday night, but if all else fails yard bird will suffice.
Anybody going to be fishing Sunday? I work every Saturday......

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody going to be fishing Sunday? I work every Saturday......
Not sure yet .... think 2 guys plan to fish Sunday morning before leaving for home

Reactions: wademaster

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Wish I could but I am chained to this house renovation until completed. Have fun!..

Reactions: papadave

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
I'll be up in Duck, North Carolina moving my sister to the Concord/Kannapolis area. Leaving Wednesday to get her. Of course we are not coming back until Sunday. Gee, what can I do in between??

·
Registered
591 Posts
Wish I could make it. The Cobia are starting to show up....now that would be good on the grill!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Dave -

I'm officially out. My GF had a setback with her broken leg (trying to do too much too soon), and my help will be needed in Clemmons this weekend.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Good luck dave. That's where I grew up for the most part in that campground. May be there fri or sun to go with dad for cobes. Sat I'm In a wedding so I will be doing that. To to harkers and fish or n. river bridge. Wards dosnt have a whole lot to offer now that it is warm. Sheepshead and black drum will be on the bridges and trout around the bridges. Live bait usually works best for them there. Also the marsh around harkers and n. river should have some drum around and prob a few flounder. Carolina rigged mud minnows will be a good bet.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Nice great get away location for sure, out of the hustle of most places. Lots of trees for shade for tents. There is a nice long pier where you can toss a cast net or fish from. Also a decent ramp, however it is a shallow ramp. I would expect you could launch a 19 foot CS but not much more, an that would be on high tide, low tide isn't an option except with a yak or canoe.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the tips Chris & Scott, (and the humor Tim). We got down yesterday and got hooked up to power & water ... and found out after hooking up the water that there were plumbing problems in the camper. Took a few hours to get that fixed & cleaned up so I didn't even take the yaks off the car. Plan on changing that by the afternoon. Like Chris suggested, not seeing any movement back here in the creek. Gonna take the net and scout around some for bait this afternoon.

Place is nice, well kept and definitely quiet! Not a bad place at all if you don't need a lot of froufrou. Already thinking about a return trip later in the season.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Only throw your net off the right side of pier or at cleaning station. Lots of oysters to tear it up

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Be working on that cobia call :) Sat is coming quick.

Thanks for the tips Chris & Scott, (and the humor Tim). We got down yesterday and got hooked up to power & water ... and found out after hooking up the water that there were plumbing problems in the camper. Took a few hours to get that fixed & cleaned up so I didn't even take the yaks off the car. Plan on changing that by the afternoon. Like Chris suggested, not seeing any movement back here in the creek. Gonna take the net and scout around some for bait this afternoon.

Place is nice, well kept and definitely quiet! Not a bad place at all if you don't need a lot of froufrou. Already thinking about a return trip later in the season.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GREAT PLACE! The owners are very nice people and it's well kept. Most of the RV sites are permanent and the neighbors are very friendly. No real designated sites for tents which is good. Had a couple other Red Xers come in and Mr. Clark let them pitch right beside us. Casual and relaxed are probably the best words to describe the place.
Water Sky Water resources Plant Tree Water Sky Water resources Cloud Plant Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree Water Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape
It's a great place to take the family, plenty of nonfishing stuff to entertain and really good places to eat within a short drive.
Fishing could have been better but it's a little early yet. Did manage one real nice flounder.:p
Wood Fish Flounder Seafood Natural material
There's good paddling right out of the campground, even for beginners!
Water Sky Boat Water resources Cloud

A 10-15 minute drive will put you in some of the purtiest water you could ask for.

This is definitely a good place for a return M&G. We'll just have to leave it up to the resident expert to pick the right time and get it set up. (That's a hint Chris)

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Well, if that's all YOU caught, I guess I don't feel too bad about staying home to help the GF get around over the weekend.

3 more weeks til her cast is off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts