NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been seeing boats near Upper Barton on the other side of the bridge near the ramps where the standing timber is.

I am just curious what these people are fishing for at this time of year in such shallow water and what they may be using.

I have never had much luck in that area at any time of the year but cannot forget how conveniently close to the ramps the area is.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Luke

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Shallow water with structure warms fast in the sun. Bass will come in looking for food and to warm up. Crappie will wander in and out as well. Catfish will lay around warming on the bottom and grab passers by. Afternoon would be best I would think. Now with the BIG change in weather this week, I would expect everything to get serious lockjaw for a few days until the 50-60's come back next week... If you fish, fish small or noisy baits fished sllloowwww!!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Like you, I have never had much luck back there, only some crappie and white perch, usually back behind the standing timber. Sundrop's answer makes sense though, could be bass fishermen looking for warmer water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.