NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
It would depend on how much rain has fallen in the watershed recently. Not sure where you are wanting to put in but make sure you carry a map or use GPS mapping and proceed with extreme caution. Beyond the Danger buoys at Rollingview Rec area on up to Cheek rd, I-85 and the Eno can be dangerous to run if you get out of the channel, nothing is marked. You can go from the 20 ft water in the channel to less than 2 ft in pretty short order.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
You can launch in the Eno at Red Mill road, the channel has some depth up there but there are some dead heads and stuff to look out for. A buddy of mine has spoken highly of winter crappie fishing up there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you have a small boat that doesn't draw much water, you can put in at Hickory Hill and go left from the boat ramp straight across the lake and there is one place right beside the old RR track bed where the creek comes right up next to it. the depth goes from about 4 ft to over 15ft really quick and I have always had really good luck with crappie there winter and summer

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'll agree with what everyone else has said. In addition-- if you put in at Hickory Hill the run up to I85 isn't too bad if you stay to the left side but from I85 to the tressel is dangerous. I have fished that area since the lake was flooded and it's always a surprise somewhere!! Eno landing at Red Mill is a good place to go with a couple of exceptions. It's a single ramp and a small paved lot. When the fish are on it gets real crowded. I've seen trailers parked almost to the top of the hill. The other thing to watch (depends on your boat size) is when the water level goes below 251. Make sure your motor is up a little when you go on the trailer and up a lot before you pull out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.