NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did not see anyone else post a report on this, so I thought it would be beneficial. Went out fishing at Dinah's Landing (Upper Goose Creek) before the storms blew through on Saturday. Dead menhaden were floating from the mouth of the creek the whole way to the landing with a good swath of fish dead on the shore. Also saw a couple of schools that had sores on them that were getting ready to go belly up, a very sad sight. Only good news is it looks like it only impacted Menhaden. Talked to another guy coming in and he said Broad Creek was the same way. Guess it is that time of year again, so as a heads up you may want to go fishing elsewhere.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was there saturday before and during the storm as well... the majority i saw were near there, however I saw struggling fish all the way over towards blounts bar and near shoreline as well....Didnt seem to impact the flounder though....

·
Registered
104 Posts
They were at Durham creek earlier in the week. Only a few were dead but a lot of menhaden were swimming sickly at the surface with sores on them. Is this from low oxygen? I didn't think the low oxygen would cause sores like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.