NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short I hit a curb this morning on my way to fishing and now I'm sitting here with my axle and hub in 2 pieces, broke the weld between the spindle and axle. The only fix I see is to find a new axle and swap it in the parking lot here. So I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Anything just to get me home guys. Thanks for any help guys.
Josh

·
Registered
18 Posts
Josh, There is a trailer builder on 70 east just outside Kinston about 3 miles on right.
They should be able to give you all the help you need. Sorry but can't remeber the name
to look up a phone number. I"ll try to google and get back with you

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the prayers guys, luckily I'm right in front of a tractor supply so I can get the tools to do it if I can locate an axle. I'm waiting for Capps to open now praying they have an axle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
tractor supply should have an axle you can use if needed...... and parts... hope it works out.... if i was shifting today i would come help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL! We figured we had earned atleast a couple hours of fishin' after all the hard work. Didn't catch nothin', had a few blow-ups on top water and lost a hawg of a trout trying to get it in the net.

On the trailer subject, when we got the axle off and were inspecting the weld we noticed rust around about 70% of it between the spindle and axle. I mean that the weld was already broken and had enough time to rust between the two surfaces where it was supposed to be welded together, and it looks like I just finished it off this morning. I'm sure glad that happened in the parking lot, rather than on the highway a 60+.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Glad you found some help. I live just outside Kinston, but had a doctor appt in Greenville yesterday. If you or anyone else have problems around the Kinston area, there are a few ncangler members who have my phone numbers. Wish I could have assisted you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.