NC Angler Forums banner

US Inland Lakes 2011 DVD

4K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  bwguffey 
#1 ·
See high-definition shorelines, underwater depth contours, boat ramps, marinas and more on your compatible device. This mapping product provides comprehensive coverage of nearly 17,000 freshwater lakes throughout the U.S.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This is an utterly worthless product. "Inland Lakes Vision" may show more detail, but after seeing this, I'm not going to give Garmin another dime.As with all the similar map DVD/chips, if it's contoured on a USGS map, it's contoured on this. On the PC, the contour lines are blue and the background fill is blue so its extremely hard to make out the depths. On the GPS, there's no graduated shading except in channels and there may as well be no spot soundings at all on either the GPS or the PC.A few launch sites are shown on some lakes, but the locations of a couple of those are even incorrect by many miles. If navigation markers are available on a website somewhere (like Kerr Scott or Norman), they've included them but elsewise you're out of luck. For instance, Smith Mountain Lake (a major reservoir) is famous for it's good marker system but since the markers aren't published in the public domain, Garmin didn't put them in their product. If I could get it off a website, I wouldn't need this product so I'm less than pleased.I have the Navionics chip and it shows EVERYTHING but I can't use it on the PC. I bought this so I could study lakes at home, then transfer them to my handheld. But I've found the USGS topo contours more detailed than this and nav information I've found elsewhere to be more accurate and detailed.Don't waste your money. ****DOES NOT INCLUDE RANDLEMAN RESERVOIR (still shows as a blue-line river)****

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.