NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about floating the Uwharrie for smallies this weekend. Haven't done that in a long time. Anybody driven over it to see if the rain has muddied it up much?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fished it last week. Water was very low. But great news the NCWRC opened the new canoe/kayak boat ramp at HWY 109 last Friday. It is great! It will make launching there now a whole lot easier. To answer your question, I really can't but we have had a bunch of heavy rains since I was there last. Here are a couple of pictures I snapped. Uwharrie River HWY 109 004.jpg Uwharrie River HWY 109 001.jpg

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Much appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
Fished it last week. Water was very low. But great news the NCWRC opened the new canoe/kayak boat ramp at HWY 109 last Friday. It is great! It will make launching there now a whole lot easier. To answer your question, I really can't but we have had a bunch of heavy rains since I was there last. Here are a couple of pictures I snapped. View attachment 64119 View attachment 64120
Is there a way besides the steps to get the yak/canoe to the water? Just curious.

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there a way besides the steps to get the yak/canoe to the water? Just curious.

The wood slide on the left (looking toward the river) is a canoe/kayak slide ramp. It looks like it is designed to allow a kayak/canoe to be slided down as you walk beside it. I have not used it yet since I was just passing by and stopped. We put in at low-water bridge and fished down river.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts