NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Tomorrow, the girlfriend and I are heading down to Carolina Beach to meet up with her dad and his family from Charlotte. I was wondering if anyone knew of a few good places to fish from the bank or to wade fish while down there. I'm looking for something on the sound/bay side where I can chase my favorites (Drum, Specks, and Flounder). I plan to do some surf fishing but hopefully more from the sound side off the bank and wading. But if anyone has any ideas on where to go on the surf side that would be greatly appreciated too. I also need to know some good tackle shops to get fresh bait from.

Any response would be appreciated.

Rick

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
It is a little further down to Ft. Fisher but the beaches there are more conducive to surf fishing. Flounder should be pretty hot around the inlet judging from reports from other places. Fishing close to shore up under docks should get you a few flounder and puppy drum. That's not much help for a shore bound fisherman I know, but I'm not familiar with the sound down that way. Sometimes you have to look around and do a little inspecting for fresh shrimp. Castnetting your own is the preferred method because you hate to decline shrimp once you ask about them but you can't always castnet them either. Fresh shrimp is great but the sand fleas will catch pretty much the same thing and they are still alive when you hook them. They are also free and normally right at your feet if you are surf fishing in the right spot. The best times are usually at night or just before and just after.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.