NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Valentine Day was a good day. Headed down to Woodstock Friday evening with my wife Jennifer. Woke up early Saturday morning, made some coffee, had some breakfast and headed back in to Washington to trade our Pioneer in for our new Sportsman bay boat. Took it for a water test on the Pamlico for about an hour and then we signed the papers, had a beer and sandwich at Down on Main, and headed back to Belhaven to put the boat back in the water for a couple of hours. We had to head back to Raleigh, late afternoon so we only had a couple hours. Put the boat in at 2pm. Headed up Pungo creek. Wind was howling. We did not think there was going to be a real bite but I REALLY wanted to get our new boat in the water. First and only spot we hit was a bunch of sunken logs up near Banjo.

BTW, Jennifer was like, "why did you get that funny looking pole on the back of the boat. It is going to get in the way of tubing on the lake this summer". I was thinking, dang, I am going to have to deal with that one later...

Anyway, that funny looking pole is my Talon. I had not realized the significance of this investment until we started fishing. I mean, I have seen them on many boats but had no idea how sweet they really are. Best investment EVER for me, for inshore fishing. Shallow water anchors are seriously the best thing since sliced bread. The way the wind was howling and we just stayed where we wanted and moved around ever 15 minutes and just stopped again. So easy, so clean, so dry. So trivial, I know, but i was smitten. LOL

5 minutes in, Jennifer was just sitting on the console bench keeping warm and WHAM, nice little striper hit a green paddle tail. 5 minutes later, WHAM! Jennifer started fishing... We continued to catch stripers every 5-10 minutes for the next hour and a half(15-20 inches). We left them biting as we had to get back to Raleigh. Great first quick day on our new boat. Thanks Jennifer for being a caring, accepting and loving wife who allows me to fulfill my addiction as long as I keep the freezer full....
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Vehicle
Water Sky Boat Lake Fish
Water Boat Sky Vertebrate Watercraft

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Folks! I am glad my wife let's me fish and she really enjoys it herself. She will easily stay on the water with be for 8 hours. She can even entice the shaky heads with a mirrolure! Picked it up real fast. Not the best caster in the world but she is getting better. good times. Greenmonster, since you are in G-ville now, i would be happy to show you around the pungo. really pretty waters.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I may take you up on that. Gonna need someone to show me the waters down there. Completely different than what I'm used to in Florida and VA. Looking forward to figuring it all out. I'm not down there yet though, clock's ticking, but I'm just a little under a month away. Hoping to make it down there in time for the shad runs!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.