NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know some of you listen to some old rock and roll. Went to the world tour opener of Van Halen last night. First time together in 22 years. Show was alot better than I expected. About a 20 minute solo from Eddie and a long solo from Alex. They played songs back to back and didn't let up. Had a blast. Overall, they sounded good. Rock on!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
OH MAN!!!!! I am Jealous!!:cool: I know that was awesome. Is David Lee Roth back with them for the tour??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry but I can't see VH being VH without Michael Anthony. The reasons that they gave him the heave-ho is so stupid that it pretty much boils down to simple greed. Personally I think Eddie is washed up and one of his latest business ventures to sell his Frankenstrat guitar replicas @ 25,000 (25K, what is he thinking????) and going after people (legal route) who paint their guitars like his striped red/white/black is just plain crazy. Back in their prime (up until 5150) they were THE premier rock band...but now I would just have to pass. Glad you had a good time though and I hope I didn't bring you down with my opinion.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry but I can't see VH being VH without Michael Anthony. The reasons that they gave him the heave-ho is so stupid that it pretty much boils down to simple greed. Personally I think Eddie is washed up and one of his latest business ventures to sell his Frankenstrat guitar replicas @ 25,000 (25K, what is he thinking????) and going after people (legal route) who paint their guitars like his striped red/white/black is just plain crazy. Back in their prime (up until 5150) they were THE premier rock band...but now I would just have to pass. Glad you had a good time though and I hope I didn't bring you down with my opinion.
Not at all. Lots of opinions out there on this band. I wasn't sure what to expect myself. Just was hoping for a good show.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can't stand to hear another band copy another band's song, like California girls by the Beach Boys. But VH made it like a whole new song, and it sounded great. It's one of my favorite VH songs. The video was killer. I drum a little bit, and I heard Alex on a live show on tv, and he outrun a set of electric drums. They just made one humming sound. The four bass drums on Hot For Teacher sounds like a dragster, original and good. I could go on for days. Bye Hip

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
101 Posts
True. Look at the price of NASCAR tickets.
I quit watching/going when the rules changed and Nextel replaced Winston. Nascar left me. I did not leave them though. They had a good thing that they messed up.

I missed a Shania Twain concert a couple years ago. (favorite female country artist) The tickets started at $80. I bought the CD instead. :rolleyes:

I can watch the big stars on TV for nearly free.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Ditto on the Nascar Jimmy. Too much politics..

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Love early Halen,,, definately would've like'd to of seen the show.. but I thinks it probably been too long, too late... hopefully not. I think their just keepin the money machine goin to top off their retirements. Only a matter of time before Eddy self destructs again with Dave.

Michael Anthony.... he sure could play them 4 notes! ;) Probably had the easiest job in the music buiz.... Geddy Lee... now there's a bass player! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.