NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I understand holding on to ones heritage, but I absolutely beleive when you choose to join the society of another country you MUST respect their sovereignty and view them as your home as a citizen of that country. Pay taxes/obey laws/show national respect and pride just like a natural born citizen. Otherwise don't access my governments assets (aka: Welfare/Low Interest Business loans etc.) because you are a perpetual TOURIST in my eyes and you are welcome to GO HOME!!

Reactions: LiveBait and almiyo

·
Registered
840 Posts
Drop you are dead on. I will proudly wear my family's tartan, I will fly the Scottish flag, but ONLY if it is BENEATH the US Flag. I am of Scottish ancestry, but I am not Scottish. I am not Scottish-American. I am an American.

Being an LEO, It was wrong for the vet to destroy the other man's flag. Just because he disagrees with someone's speech doesn't give him the right to destroy someone's property. Now, having said that, some people (like the man flying the Mexican flag) are just begging for something like this to happen and when it does, it's real hard to feel sorry for them. They know what they are doing, otherwise, they wouldn't do it.

With any freedom comes responsibility, and if someone chooses to speak, he must also accept the repercussion of that speech. Freedom of speech does not mean that everyone has to agree with you and it does not mean that you are free from repercussions.

Unfortunately, this man, a U.S. military veteran, will be smeared, by many in the media, as being a racist because they see him as hating Mexicans. I do not think he is a racist at all. I think he, like me and many others, want LEGAL immigration.

I will hand the soapbox to someone else now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unfortunatley, what this guy was doing by flying the Mexican flag over the American flag was a right that all veteran's have fought for. I don't like it at all! I didn't spend a year in Iraq to come home to this but I fought for the US Constitution and the rights that come along with it. I believe the amendments need to be looked over but I do not trust our gov. to get it as right as they did 231 years ago. What do you do? One voice with many listening is louder then many voices and no one listening.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am not a veteran BUT I would have also cut it down using my hunting knife that my Dad who was a veteran gave me. I lost one of my best friends in Afghanistan who really liked the Mexican people. His thoughts on immigration were the same as mine. Come here, assimilate, and become legal citizens. DO NOT SNEAK across our border. Art gave his life defending our freedom. I owe it to him to see to it that we continue to honor our flag. Thank God for soldiers like Master Sgt. Art Lilley who gave the ultimate sacrfice and Jim Broussard for defending our flag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.