NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an extra foggy start we fished the Gulf Stream last Thursday, 72 miles off Topsail Island, NC. Caught 6 Mahi, 1 Blackfin Tuna, 2 BIG Grouper, 3 Triggerfish, a limit of silver snapper (pinkies), and our first Triple Tail. On the way out tot the stream we crossed some awesome bottom that we had to fish and Captain Chris Medlin pulled in a big Red Grouper within minutes. When we got to trolling, we had the long line hit with in seconds of deploying all the lines. All in All, a Fantastic Day. Watch the Video Below.

Captain Scott Erickson

[video=youtube;jQsZvgrC7WQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQsZvgrC7WQ[/video]

·
Red X Angler
993 Posts
Thanks Capt Scott for that awesome video, water looked great, weather was great and you guys did a fantastic job. Keep up the good work and look forward to some more post and pics in the future.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It took us about 2.5 hours once we cleared the inlet (we were in another boat, buddy boating). Scott runs a 23' boat with twin engines, we were in a 25' boat with twins.
Nice! I figured that far out would take atleast 2 - 2 1/2 hours. I love it when i am right HAHA ;)

Great Pics, and i have to agree Mahi Mahi is my favorite eating fish as well. Although i have never had it on the grill!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nope, never had Wahoo either. I have not had alot of the popular ocean fish. Never had Spanish, Drum ( black, puppy or red ) Never had Cobia or most of the groupers lol If i listed the fish i have had it would be MUCH easier lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Grilled mahi. season-all (2 parts Lawrys, 1 part garlic, 1 part pepper) add a little Old Bay or Butt Rub for a little more spice and grill away. When edges start to cook, turn once.

Grouper any way ya want. But I'm partial to the crabmeat stuffing and a light garlic cream sauce.

Man I gotta go get some lunch!

·
Registered
433 Posts
MAN OH MAN! I wanna come back to NC! Makes the fishing and the fish you can even catch out here in Cali for the birds man... I miss grouper and wahoo and mahi. Yellowfin and rock cod are the staple out here.... Bleh! Great catch!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts