NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live around the Jordan Lake area and will be visiting Lake Lure at the end of August. Unfortunately I won't have a boat. Just curious as to what's biting at that time of year in that area. Any help would be great
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
The Broad River above the lake gets stocked with trout through August.

In the lake from the bank its possible to catch yellow perch, catfish and carp.

You could also rent a canoe from the marina and do a little paddling to find some largemouth bass.

The Green River gorge is nearby and also has trout fishing opportunities.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it possible to catch trout out the river without flying fishing? I have zero experience with that. I usually fish for bass and crappie

·
Registered
231 Posts
I hired a guide there a few years ago in August and caught a few small to medium largemouth and one smallmouth on plastics. But that was from his boat. Most fish were caught around docks though and got the smallmouth near a stone wall and a bite that broke my line near a small waterfall, all near shore, so you might have a fighting chance. All early in the morning too. ;-) Good luck/tight lines! :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I went to lake lure once during the summer a few ago and it was WAYYYY to crowded with boat traffic and jet ski's, swimmers, ect. to have a good chance of catchin anything

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
Any small spinner (inline or regular) stand a nice chance at trout and smallies. Also, jigs and cranks. In my opinion, finding the fish is the majority of the challenge, then you're ready to rock and roll.....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, but you can get in some decent fishing early in the morning. I've even seen people fishing coves, etc... in the afternoon. (We've stayed there two summers).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts