NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

I'd like to take the family to New Bern and/or Oriental on Sunday to have a look around, grab lunch, and basically make a short day trip of it. My wife and kids love the water, love fishing, and we all like "local flavor". Anything you all would recommend we do/see while we're there? We'll probably grab lunch while were in the area, any cool places?

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
In New Bern Morgan's Tavern is pretty tough to beat as far as eating is concerned. If you're in Oriental for lunch I would suggest Toucan Grill.

For attractions you have Tryon Palace in New Bern and in Oriental you have the History Museum. Of course, if they've never ridden a ferry you might consider hopping a ferry at Minnesott Beach and riding across the Neuse and back. My kids love doing that from time to time, it's free and only takes 20 minutes to cross. If you go that route you could have lunch at Changin Lattitude at Minnesott Beach.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
If in Oriental, I would recomend Water St Grill for lunch. Silos is also good, but not open on Sunday. More to see in New Bern, but check out www.towndock.net for events in Oriental. Enjoy.

There is a boat show in Oriental this weekend, which is actually pretty nice to attend.

Reactions: Greenmonster
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.