NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fello anglers,
I am from San Diego but my wife has a bunch of family in North Carolina. We are staying with family in Topsail Beach from 06/15/07-06/22/07. I am planning on doing some fishing during my stay. I see that Topsail Beach is somewhat of a penninsula. What type of fish do you catch during this time of year. What setups would you recommend for these fish and what bait/lure do you use. Any info would be greatly appreciated from you Carolina experts.

Thanks,
Nick in San Diego

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome to NC Angler!

Topsail Beach is on a long, thin island. We call them barrier islands as they protect the mainland from the brunt of the ocean storms. The city of Topsail Beach is on the southern third of Topsail Island. There are two bridges from the mainland to the island, one in the center of the Island in the town of Surf City. the other on the north end of the island in the city of North Topsail Beach.

I sent you a reply to your PM requesting info on the fishing. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome Nick. You got the right person when you asked about Topsail fishing. Mike knows the water there and he knows what to use to be successful in your chase. Hope you have great weather and smooth seas when you get here from out west. Good Luck and tight lines.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you are going out in boat I can't help. But if you are going to try a pier your standard bottom rigs will work with fresh shrimp. Gotcha plugs work great for blues and spanish. Red and white or red and silver. There are three piers on the island. Jolly Roger on the south end, Surf City in the middle and Sea View on the north end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.