NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're considering heading down to the N. Topsail area for a couple of nights next week. Probably won't be a lot of time for fishing, but I'm thinking about throwing the 8wt in the trunk to toss a Clouser around with. I'm fairly familiar with the area, but I've only fished the backside of the island in a boat. Are there any areas I can access by foot and get in some fishable water? Maybe around the boat ramp at the 210 bridge?

Yet another one of those times that a 'yak would make life much easier. :)

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
There is a basin on the sound side at mile marker 12 that is really easy to walk up to, wade a little and cast into, but I don't know if much of anything gets caught there. It's a great place to launch a yak. It looks possible to wade across to the little waste point and then fish on the sound side of it:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...2!3m1!1s0x89a9a3f83cb79bff:0x97373c965ecdc9aa
I have been there a few times because of the convenience of being able to take people who want the beach (literally across the street; public access with facilities and snack bar) and be able to launch into the back side.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I have cast from the little point there and gotten skunked; paddling seems better and maybe crossing to that point would be better. But it is awfully convenient to park and unload all the beach stuff and then cross the road. There is some life in that basin; one of my kids used my cast net and brought in several small fish. So you would think a few predators would wander in.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
On the front side of the very spot I mentioned earlier for dual access (sound/surf) I have caught fish in the surf on the fly. Not bragging big, but I know some are there. I did it about this time of year on a really warm day standing on the sand bar in swim trunks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.