NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Longwood boat ramp Saturday afternoon took off my waders and laid them on the dock.loaded everything up and drove off at dark.got bout 5 miles up the road and it hit me,[email protected]#$%$ turn around hauled it back to ramp,no waders and no one around..so if you see someone with White River chest fishing waders grey in color that are way to big for them tell em nice waders. Oh well my stupidity.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I know how much that sucks. A few years ago a buddy and I were on Kerr Lake prefishing the day before a BFL tournament. It was April or May and some showers that day so the rain suits were on and off all day, Paul had his Gore-tex jacket on the seat and sat on it between spots. As we left our last spot another boat pulled in and we ran 2 or 3 miles to the ramp and loaded up. As Paul was unloading his gear, from my boat he noticed his jacket was gone, must of blown out when he turned around to see if he left his phone on the deck as we took off. He dumped me back in and I ran back to look for it. As I got to the spot we left, the other boat was on its way out. I looked for a minute and went back to the ramp, other boat was just tying up when I got back, Paul asked him if he saw his jacket floating, guy said nope, ran up the hill got his truck, loaded up and gone as fast as he could being sure to stay away from us. At that point we were pretty certain he had it and had other plans for it, obviously Paul was ticked. We knew who he was as he fishes the same division we fish and also spends a little time on another fishing board we visit. About a month later Paul gets a PM from him saying "I found your jacket", and got it back to him at the next tournament. It must not have been his size or he felt guilty and changed his mind. At the time it was lost we were in the middle of a big cut and there was hardly any wind so no way it could have blown to the bank and I doubt he found it sunk in 15-20 ft of water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.