NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the area from Amelia Island Florida (right above Jacksonville, FL). I waded and gigged a lot down there with a green gigging light I made. I went out the other night and as soon as I was unloading there was a few folks unloading their kayaks and lights. I started out on the beach on the south side of Topsail and about a mile down saw some other folks wading heading my way so I turned around to see another group wading towards me the same way I just came from. I also saw plenty of boats out with their lights also. Man, never had this much competition in Florida for space. Spoke to a few folks and it sounds like there was a lot of tourist out gigging or at least people not from around here. Here is my set up.

Food Wood Fish Seafood Cuisine

·
Registered
425 Posts
Is that picture from here or florida? I built the same light as you only in white instead of green. Haven't got to use it yet. Hopefully I can change that this next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been watching the developments on the conditions of the flounder. It sounds like they are getting depleted. What do you all see as the main cause? Florida had major issues with flounders, red drum and others like it due to gill nets. In November 1994, 72 percent of the voters said “yes” to the gill net ban in Florida. I don't think they enforced it for a good amount of time but since the banning of the gill nets FL has seen a large rise in the fish population. They now allow 10 flounder a day at 12 inches.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You nailed it. The owners of this forum prefer us to avoid those type of discussions on this board. It will only get contentious, there is a conservation Board where we can discuss these things.

That being said I'm with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.