NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather report had me call off my trip out to Kerr today, just did not feel like dealing with the wind and cold.

Anyway, hit Wake Reservoir around 0730, stayed til around 10:00. Nothing over 3". Cold front must have chased the bedding bluegills back into deeper water.

Ran over to Falls and fished next to the boat ramps at Upper Bartons Creek. One keeper largemouth at 16", one keeper channel cat around the same length but not as heavy. One fiesty throw back bass at about 12" and two smaller cats - also thrown back. This took several hours, left about 2:30 with the two keepers. All fish caught on either night crawlers or red wigglers. Could see fish busting shad in the same area. Lots of boats started putting in around noon as the wind slowed a bit and things warmed up.

Hope to make it to Kerr next week to hunt blue cats, crappie, and maybe rockfish, but I'd even take a bunch of big white perch about now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.