NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I decided to give Wake Reservoir a shot this afternoon in our yaks. We hit the water about 4:00 pm, wind was not too bad, and blowing away from the dam so heading in that direction was pretty easy. I was throwing a white Mepps spinner, he tried a couple of other colors.

Was not the greatest fishing event ever, but at least we each picked up a couple little bass, ranging from maybe 8" to about 11". Fish were hanging fairly close to the bank, not particularly wedded to structure. Probably enjoying the warmer water. Did not see any other fish, which is surprising since there are usually a few pickeral roaming the same general areas as the bass. Anyway, we left out of there about 6:00, he had caught two and I had caught three. Wind about dead on the way back to the ramp area.

Off to Kerr tomorrow, hopefully for some keeper sized fish.

Wake Reservoir is pretty much full again, not up to the spillway yet, but if we get the predicted rain Tuesday it should get close. Nice to launch in clean sand instead of dark muck.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.