NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some recommendations on wade gigging flounder lights. I have lights for my boat, but am looking to gig areas soon which are only accessible by foot. I don't want to do the old timer's way of the battery in the innertube, but am rather looking for ease such as perhaps battery powered or ones you charge. I know neuse sport shop sells some, has anyone tried these? I want ones that are bright obviously and have a large field of view, no price range. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Gig A Bite light works the best, get a extra battery holder for a spare battery pack and you can go for 5 or 6 hours ...... I used to work at Teaches Lair Marina in Hatteras, all the Comm boys used em and loaded there boats on the right nights ...... Also the single point Gig A Bite gig makes for some lightweight flounder gigging ...... Good Luck ..... River

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Modern pawn and gun has a very good video on youtube about flounder gigging. They use a surefire flashlight mounted on a long handle! I got set up a bit last year but never tried it. Mount a flashlight like this http://www.amazon.com/SecurityIng-W...TF8&qid=1428240198&sr=8-1&keywords=dive+light to a homemade pvc handle with bends in the right places. I just zip tied my light on. Although a used a cheaper light than this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.