NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a co - worker are heading to the coast in about two weeks . We are wanting to do some walking/wading some places . Can anyone give me some places we would be able to access or to get to with a small Jon boat and paddle .

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
There are all sorts of areas that you can walk in shallow water at all the locations you mentioned. I don't like walking alot unless you have time in the daytime to walk it because eventually you'll step into that soft sinking mud. You could use the jonboat to move around to the islands around the ICW and find some sandy areas and oyster bars to wade.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are all sorts of areas that you can walk in shallow water at all the locations you mentioned. I don't like walking alot unless you have time in the daytime to walk it because eventually you'll step into that soft sinking mud. You could use the jonboat to move around to the islands around the ICW and find some sandy areas and oyster bars to wade.
What he said about the day time walking. I've always done my gigging in Holden beach, from the old pavilion to the east end of the island. Any restrictions now a days with lights during turtle season?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The wind must be calm....almost Slick calm...Wind is the determinating factor....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts