NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved here from Kansas City about 3 months ago. I currently live in Apex and have been to Jordan, Falls, Harris, and enjoy all 3. But there is one thing I miss the most from the Midwest, is Walleye fishing. I researched NC parks website to see what lakes stock walleye, but just want to hear from anglers personal experience, what my best options are for walleye lakes or reservoirs?

·
Registered
325 Posts
One of the best walleye spots that I have fished anywhere other than the New River is in my old stomping grounds in Patrick County VA. Phillpot Resevoir is loaded with walleye and catching them at times can be simple. Most of the bigger ones are caught while trolling,but I have caught some nice ones fishing in the mornings and evenings around rock ledges or where streams flow into the lake by just using nightcrawlers fished close to the bottom. The biggest one I ever caught though was on a small minnow fishing in a sunken pine tree about six feet deep.I was fishing for crappie and all of a sudden my rod was almost jerked from my hand,I set the hook and a few minutes later I landed one that weighed 8lbs 4ozs.

·
Registered
476 Posts
lake gaston has them also, not real talked about around there but i have heard of guys that can get on them pretty good.... gaston is probably going to be your closest place

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info, I'll be spending more time fishing now rather then wondering around looking for spots. The new river and Lake Gaston will be my first targets.

·
Registered
476 Posts
yea i read they used to stock it with 60,000 a year on another forum dont know where that guy got his info from but yeah thats pretty cool there in there..... i fish there probably more then any other lake i have never caught one but all i do is bass fish....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.