NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here so just learning how to post. I went striper fishing with a buddy sunday morning on Lake Rhodhiss with no luck. I do beleive we had a good one on that broke a 12 pound monofilament leader, but the story of the day was a 22" at least 3 pound Walleye. I never knew that walleye was in Rhodhiss, has anybody else caught walleye on Rhodhiss? Also i have a pic but it will not load onto forum is there a size limit on pics here.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome. I've fished Rhodhiss many times, and would love to catch one of those. May I ask if you were above or below Castle Bridge?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Below Castle Bridge almost right in front of water works coming out of a cove. I will try to post pic tonight,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Used to be some Muskie in there to, but thats been years ago. Have some old pics of my dad with one and the old trestle type Huffman Bridge can be seen in the background. Prob pre 1985??

·
Red X Angler
11,228 Posts
Nice Walleye,

I have caught a few walleye on Hickory about a mile below Rhodhiss dam. They reports started shortly after the big flood from one of the hurricanes that ended up flooding the mountains (maybe 15 years ago). There were several houseboats tied up at the old Castle Bridge campground that came over the dam into lake hickory. We also caught a few rainbow up at the dam that spring while white bass fishing.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Get the grease heated. THAT's some great eating!!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
They get washed down stream from Lake James. Lake James is the only lake on the Catawba where they reproduce.

Lake Rhodiss, from what I read, was stocked with hybrid musky back in the 1980s.

·
Registered
511 Posts
yeah last year when I was fishing in the summer with Bandit he said he caught one in the net while going for shad at the rhodhiss dam.Same thing happens with the stripers at lake wylie since they aren't stocked there..they're wash downs...

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here so just learning how to post. I went striper fishing with a buddy sunday morning on Lake Rhodhiss with no luck. I do beleive we had a good one on that broke a 12 pound monofilament leader, but the story of the day was a 22" at least 3 pound Walleye. I never knew that walleye was in Rhodhiss, has anybody else caught walleye on Rhodhiss? Also i have a pic but it will not load onto forum is there a size limit on pics here.

Thanks
My friend just got his new pb walleye at 4.48 pounds

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks
I have a friend who has a picture of a 6 or 8 pounder he caught from Hickory while striper fishing. Walleye were stocked in Lake James in 80 and 82. They have made their way from James to Rhodhiss and to Hickory, Amazing ! right

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah I caught a 27 to 29" Back in 2015 or so at the Rhodhiss tail race. Was better than crappie :).
Quite a bit of trout in rhodhiss too

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts