NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Get yourself a cheap combo and hit some local ponds. usually you can find parks that are stocked with some smaller fish at least.
i started back up fishing by getting one of those cheap Shakespeare bass fishing kits, came with hooks and lures and everything. gives you an easy way to set up and just go out and fish. i think it was along the lines of $25.

Here is a decent link on fishing knots i reference sometimes. there may be better sites out there though
http://wired2fish.scout.com/story/1468499-15-fishing-knots-every-angler-should-know
good ones to learn: palomar knot, improved clinch and double uni (they call it the two uni join knot on this site)

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Welcome to the site! this is a good place to start, that's for sure!

As for the fishing, get the best set up you can easily afford. If you buy too cheap, that's what you get and you will get a lot of frustration.

Use the search tool on this site to zero in on the kind of fishing you like to do. There are lots of people here that specialize in the various types of fish and they are always glad to help!

For starting out with boats and to broaden your fishing areas, the plastic armada is a good place to begin until you get a larger boat. You can get on the water for a couple hundred dollars and really widen your fishing access. Kayaks and canoes have helped a many anglers get to waters that were out of reach from the banks.

That doesn't mean you can't catch fish from the banks...lots of fish are landed on the shores of NC. Boats do open up more areas to your fishing.

Other than that, ask questions...ask questions...and did I say...ask? There are a lot of great anglers here...and great people.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
NCangler is a great place to get answers to your questions. We have a wide range of anglers of all skill and experience levels. Since I have no life outside of fishing and work, I spend alot of time on here when I cant fish and offer up my knowledge and opinions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.