NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
For night fishing just go to Google Earth and find ponds at your local HOA. Wear your black ninja outfit and leave with more than you came with except fish. Leave them for the children that live there. Even small ponds can be surprising. But never a farm pond without permission unless you need some buckshot.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Good day fellow anglers, where can I bank fish in Raleigh and actually catch some bass? Any ponds around here?
most ponds are private from ones I have found. WRT lakes Falls, Umsted, Durant, Bond ( Cary ), and Lynn all have some bank access but be prepared for snakes, mosquitoes and lots of over hanging limbs but all good LMB lakes.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
You'd be surprised how many people will let you fish if you ask. You'll get plenty of no answers, but willing to bet that a few will let you. Always tell them you won't leave trash, and release their bass to fight another day. Volunteer to pick up trash left by others.
There are lots of fishing opportunities in the Raleigh area.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
You'd be surprised how many people will let you fish if you ask. You'll get plenty of no answers, but willing to bet that a few will let you. Always tell them you won't leave trash, and release their bass to fight another day. Volunteer to pick up trash left by others.
There are lots of fishing opportunities in the Raleigh area.
I never had luck asking... Maybe I'm just too ugly and scary looking, or maybe it's because I don't talk with a southern accent. Probably tried 15-20 times.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
yep... In cub scout uniforms even, thinking it might help.. And they were still young and cute, not the teenagers they are today.

Reactions: ChltBnks
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.