NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought in retirement I would have all kinds of time for fishing. But beyond one other day mostly limited to a few evenings a week. Well finally after getting painting done, new carpet laid, furniture ordered, lightning killed tree cut down and water main break repair I found myself with some free afternoon time before my evening yoga class.

I headed over to Lynn figuring the overcast and breeze might get the fish going. Since I had lost my brand new buzz bait in trees last night I tied on an older one and decided I needed to see if it was running right before using it next time out. First cast of the day I toss it over a log and save it from getting hung up since I threw it a tad to,far and started the slow retrieve along the bank. About 1/2 way in bam lure goes under and hookset is on. Fish was barely a pound but hey surprised me with a topwater bite at 2:30 in the afternoon and skunk was avoided.

figured hey maybe they want topwater so threw the buzz about 20 more times and nothing. I now switched to a new light action rod I got and started tossing a wacky rigged senko under the bridge. About 1/4 way down the bridge never felt a tap but saw the line was moving out from bridge toward the lake. I let it start righting the line and gave it a good rip and fish on. This time just a 1/2 pounder or so but on the light tackle was a nice fight.

further down again this time I feel a tap tap waited and set the hook into a roughly 6 incher. Wasn't much of a fight since when I set the hook I pretty much pulled it right out of the water.

Finished working the bridge and heade to my point and the sky started getting darker. Threw a trig senko for a while had a couple nice hits but probably bream. Decided to give the old red eye a try since wind was up and waves were moving and than the rain came. Thought I would wait it out under the trees thinking it would pass fast but than it got windier and even harder so decided to beline it for the car.

got soaked but was glad to land three bass in about 1 hour in a lake that recently seemed to have a serious case of lock jaw.

tomorrow I am going to try out a friends kayak in the afternoon so will likely load up with the light action rod and wack senkos since it's not a fishing kayak so no rod holders for storing other rods.

Reactions: tallastro

·
Registered
396 Posts
I went out for about an hour on Lynn this evening with zero success :( that lake has just shut down since I got this action cam (sony version of gopro). I guess they're camera shy

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went out for about an hour on Lynn this evening with zero success :( that lake has just shut down since I got this action cam (sony version of gopro). I guess they're camera shy
Bummer figured after that rain they would be moving around

1 - 3 of 3 Posts