NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mason's Landing
Tranters Creek on Clark's Neck Road
Boat launching also is available at Tranters Creek from Mason's Landing on Clark's Neck Road. This handicapped accessible facility had two ramps, docks, and parking. The Recreation Department is developing canoe trails starting from this location.

This is a two ramp launch with a set of handicap handrails on one side mid dock. Good water depth, well lit with good parking. No facilities. This ramp is on Tranter's Creek and carries you to the Tar/Pamlico along the left or up Tranter's creek to the right. From hwy 264 (Greenville) as you come into Washington, Clark's Neck rd is to the right. Ramp is about 1 mile down Clark's Neck rd.on left. I see alot of Kayakers and jon boats using this ramp because it puts you in a large creek with plenty of cover to explore without speeding boats.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Great info Sundrop! I was just sitting here looking at an arial map trying to find a landing around Little Washington. I live in Nashivle, NC and that is the closest brackish/salt water to me. I have been down there to duck hunt on the other side down Rt. 33, but not on the North side of the water. Thanks so much. Gary

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thgeres a lanch right in town at Havens Gardens and one just down Clarks neck rd called Mason's Landing. I live here in town and I happily show ya around!!!!!

Reactions: Slowriser

·
Registered
46 Posts
Masons Landing brings back memories. My dad worked for Marvin Mason, and my grandfather and uncle built Mr. Mason a hugh catamaran with twin 454s for power. Boat had to be 30-35' long. Anyway, tthey launch this thing at masons landing fire up the motors and head down stream. The water pumps were hooked up backwards, and both motors lock up 1/2 mile down the creek. Haul boat back and replace motors. I remember seeing Mr. Mason driving that boat down the Pamlico for years.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
day was beautiful! T shirts in FEB gotta love it! Fish? eh, not so good..LOL!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.