NC Angler Forums banner

Washington Pier?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sundrop 
#1 ·
I have a few "newbie" questions. I'm hoping to come down to Washington this week end, and will try fishing from the bridge. Last time I was a bit intimidated by the construction going on, and tried my luck at the marina. At least I got one small catfish. I would appreciate any practical advice on fishing from the bridge, so I can stay out of trouble... Like where do I park my car? (I would rather ask a silly question here, than do something really stupid there)
As I drove around I saw a pier at Havens Garden park. Has anyone had any luck there? Thanks again for this great website.

#3 ·
the pier at the park is pretty good for me also, ive caught quite a few bass and flounder, believe it or not (spinnerbait-trying for bass haha), and a few of them are toads. also ive seen many people doin' the chicken leg on a string thing with success on the pier. i mainly stay around the pier and creek, and not on it, b/c im casting and they arent.

tight lines.

#4 ·
Never seen much come from the little pier. But I've only been here 3 yrs and havent tried there just watched others. Construction has been heavy on the Tar river side (southbound 17) this week which is usually the best side to fish. If I think about it I will check the progress and report tomorrow. I have errands in New Bern and will be crossing it.

Reactions: thobela
#6 ·
Rode by today. Work is heavy on the bridge on the Southbound side but doesn't go all the way to the Chocowinity side of the bridge since they are just replacing the steel grates and working on the drawbridge part. ( where I see most fishing) Lane is closed and cones all the way across. Looks like they are almost finished with the work but at the Goverment workers pace who knows..LOL!!

Reactions: thobela
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.