NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the day off tomorrow and plan to take my sons on the jon boat. The offshore forecast is not looking good for Tuesday. My questions are, what should I target? How? Is the water too high /dirty post-storm? We will be in a 14 foot boat that we use on the Roanoke a lot during striper season. I do not envision getting into the open Pamlico River. I plan to launch at Tranters Creek, but id another area, for example, Aurora is a better option I can do that.

Thanks!
I don't fish the Tar/Pamlico like I should.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've had pretty decent luck in Tranter's Creek when it comes to bass and bream. However, every time I have fished it, I run into a ton of gar. If you can get to the Martin Bay area from Tranter's Creek, I've had some good action with soft plastics in the shallows. Are you trying to find a particular species? Does your john boat have a gas motor? Flounder and trout action are picking up in the Bath and Dinah's Landing areas. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
639 Posts
When you put in, stay to left when you're leaving the ramp, lots of underwater hazards. Once you get away from the ramp you'll see a rounded area to the right. There will be some standing trees. Start at the last one on the left and work your way to the point. There's about 100 yards of shoreline. That whole area is 3 to 4 feet deep. Use gulp shrimp on 1/4 ounce jig heads and you should attract some flounder and trout. Cast out, retrieve slow while popping it up every 4 to 5 spins of the reel. After you are done there, try the opposing shoreline. You may get hung up a time or two. My buddies and I have pulled several nice doormats from there in the past. Let me know how u yall do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
blount's creek would also be a good place to try. The folks at cotton patch landing can help you out with what they have catching lately. You can go up creek for bass or bream and out toward the bridge for flounder, drum and stripers. You may find a trout or two if you are lucky. Pepsi point is always productive for flounder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.