NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ambulance Lights
KITTY HAWK, N.C. -

The body of a missing 14-year-old kayaker was found in Kitty Hawk Sunday morning.

Justin Greene was found dead around 8:20 a.m. on the shore not far from where his kayak was found Friday morning, WAVY-TV reported. He was apparently not wearing a life jacket, Coast Guard officials said.

Greene had borrowed a friend's kayak around 10 a.m. Friday, Currituck County officials said. About an hour later, the kayak, a cell phone and fishing gear were found near the Wright Memorial Bridge.

The Coast Guard helped search a roughly 30-square-mile area Friday and Saturday before it become a recovery operation.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Always sad. That is exactly why I didn't spare any expense for my life jacket. I want something I am comfortable wearing and paddling all day long and not even thinking about taking it off unless I am completely out of the water. Prayers with his family.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
You b ask my kids what Rule Number 1 of the canoe is and they will tell you, Never take off your life jacket!

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Sad event. I have said it before, but there is really no excuse for not wearing some kind of PFD now that they have the automatic inflatable models. They don't affect your fishing or comfort at all.

·
Registered
224 Posts
a good fishing life vest is not a restrictive item at all...like a seat belt you get used to it and it feels strange not to have it around you all the time. 14 is way to early to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts