NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you old pros think the conditions will be like on Friday and Saturday on the ICW and in the creeks. I've looked at NOAA and Weather Underground but not sure if their info is for the ICW/creeks or not. I would appreciate any help/advise that anyone can offer.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Friday should be better than Sat. The NOAA folks say that they are having to play the wait and watch game because of a system off Bermuda. Their computer weather models don't agree on this one so they have a low confidence in their forecast. I'd say call your shots according to your personal situation. It looks like a gamble to me. You might want a plan B.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
the fish will sense the constant flux in barometric pressure this weekend and it will keep them spooked. Possibly not the best weekend to fish but the earlier the better I'd say. if N or NE wind it will be rough n tuff.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
It looks a lot better than it did earlier.

Marine forecast is still snotty though for Sat and Sun. Here's the Topsail to Ft. Fisher forecast:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]SAT...NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT.
SAT NIGHT...NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.
SUN...E WINDS AROUND 20 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SEAS 5 TO 7 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.
SUN NIGHT...SE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS...BECOMING SW AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.
MON...W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.
MON NIGHT...W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.
TUE...SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. [/SIZE][/FONT]

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
If I were fishing the ICW and creeks and such, I would not let the weatherman stop me. Unless of course it is a tropical storm 50mph winds and such. If it is blowing ENE such as the weather channel is calling 10-15 on Saturday, that is no problem. Sunday for Sneads Ferry, Topsail, ENE 10 MPH. That is unless the storm actually develops. I would go fishing.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Love them freckled gators... I gotta get out and chunk 'em some meat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.