NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday the rain was supposed to come in after lunch but it arrived much earlier. Rabbit and I had to suit up before we could even get the boat in the water at daybreak. The water was very low and the water temp was 51. Rain was steady and heavy at times but we had taken the long ride so we planned on a quick limit and then we'd head back home. The limit didn't happen and the 6 keepers didn't come quick either. We fished until after lunch and the fish we caught were scattered all over the river. It might would have gotten better late in the evening as it had the day before for some of the tournament fishermen, but we were satisfied.

The new ramp is open in Jacksonville and it has 3 slots along with restrooms and plenty of parking. The USO ramp was blocked off. Here are some pics of the new facility.

Cloud Sky Tire Plant Wheel
Cloud Sky Road surface Asphalt Tree
Sky Building Cloud Property House
Water Sky Boat Lake Jacket
Food Staple food Seafood Fish Cuisine

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I use Weather Underground .com (mobile site is i.wund.com), and I always read the "Scientific Discussion" section. The standard forecast really only tells a glimpse of the story. I don't understand all the vocabulary, and I have had to google a lot of the terminology, but the standard discussion compared to just the standard forecast summary is like watching the entire movie Braveheart compared to reading "William Wallace inspires the Scots to rebel against England." It just doesn't even remotely tell the story you really need to know.

Nice job sticking with it and getting some fish!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I use weatherbug and radar now, and make my own forecast from that info. Ive gotten pretty good at it. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks like I am missing a better day today than I thought it would be today. But I will wait tomorrow will be here soon enough.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Nice fish....In the weatherman's defense he was spot on here.
One of our better know local weathermen used to be my neighbor. It annoyed him when people would say he was right or wrong when he always gave percentage chances. He said if he gave a 20% chance of rain and about every 5th time it did rain he would get all sorts of hate mail about how the forecast ruined BBQs and whatnot. The only time you can say a weatherman is right or wrong on a single forecast is if they specifically say they are sure - 100% - that some event will happen.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
One of our better know local weathermen used to be my neighbor. It annoyed him when people would say he was right or wrong when he always gave percentage chances. He said if he gave a 20% chance of rain and about every 5th time it did rain he would get all sorts of hate mail about how the forecast ruined BBQs and whatnot. The only time you can say a weatherman is right or wrong on a single forecast is if they specifically say they are sure - 100% - that some event will happen.
The weatherman said it was going to be light and variable winds out of the SE yesterday morning with cloudy skies giving way to increasing winds to 5-10 by noon and rain. He was spot on. This is what the radar showed for my area. I can say that he was right about that specific forecast because he was. Ecoregion Organism Natural landscape Grass Font

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Lots of fog on New River this afternoon. Only had a few hours and found a 18 & 22 fight at time to leave. LOST 4 or 5 but that's the way it rolls. Here till Wednesday. Suppose tobe 80 percent rain. Caught mine on a Rapala Subwalk 7, in Clown color. Also had 2 short refs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.