NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back into fishing last year after spending 15 years in the hobby of weightlifting! Wish i'd been fishing for 15 years!:)

A lot of the terminology and techniques have changed, including bait, tackle and set up!

Is there a good website link (maybe even here, haven't found yet) that has pictures and descriptions of bait and set up?

Example Texas Rig, Carolina Rig, Jig and Pig lure, etc.etc.

I know the ones's above, but would like to read different ways to fish.

Thank you, Mike

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Watch the B.A.S.S. tourneys on espn or get a subscription to bassmaster for a year. Ton of info on the net here and there. Bassmaster.com will have some info. Don`t make it harder than it is. The fish are still the same and some effective lures have been the same since the 50`s. Just get out there.:)----stu

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Most areas have a book for them like North Carolina Sportsman, get a subscription to that book, it will take you thru the months fishing and hunting and keep you up to date in your area.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Mike,
We've talked about adding that to NCangler, similar to the way we've got the fly ties section in the tools menu. You've stirred that sleeping bear and we'll see what comes of it.

There's nothing wrong with starting a series of posts like that right here in the Gear and Tackle section of the site. I started a few "What is..." posts on some newer techniques and lures I hadn't heard of. They worked out pretty well - we got some different people sharing info on what they use and how they use them. If anglers have ideas, we should start collecting them here, then start some threads to share how we use them.

Or maybe we could beg Sundrop to do some fishing 101 blogs on the topic, the way he did with reels a while back.

No matter how we do it, its a good idea and we ought to do it... Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Should have thought of the sportsman. I got a subscription once. Had to cancel because the store would get a new issue at LEAST several days before I got mine in the mail. Didn`t think that was right and didn`t like seeing it at the store every a.m. wondering when I`d get mine at home. It is an excellent source of info .

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I was wondering when Drop was going to do some more fishing 101 blogs. I enjoyed the ones about reels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.