NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
When I was a teen we had a place on Lanier in GA with a boathouse that usually had 20' or so of water under it and we sank stuff under it to attract fish. The bass boats found it and it became a standard stop for a lot of boats. Stepping onto a boathouse without permission was a risk rarely taken just to retrieve a lure and I often found plugs between the deck planks or stuck on the railing up top. The walkway out was the treasure trove because it had cables that helped keep it from twisting that got in the way of a boat pulling up to the walkway; if you hung up on our walkway you would have to trespass to get it back. Few did back then (Lanier is in the N GA hills and our cove had a few full time residents).

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
nice "catch" !!! MIrrorlures are $7-$9 a piece alone!

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Kind of makes you wonder how much money the unlucky fishermen donate to the "Bush Monster" every year!
I probably find more every year than I lose. I am very good at getting my stuff back and spotting what everyone else has lost. I probably find one lure every time I go not including floats or lead, bottom of my boat looks like a crankbait graveyard.

This is about a months worth of findings probably in 2006 or 2007.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Speaking of "finds" I just bought a cardboard box full of rat l traps, and cotton cordells , mostly 3" some bigger, a few smaller, some red zone and 2 floaters, 43 in all, very few have any blemishes or rust on hooks, at a yard sale for $10 and she threw in a big crown royal bag of misc egg weights, bullet weights,swivels, beads, jig heads, etc, and a bait knife.. I think I am going to send a few and have them painted in pinfish and electric chicken colors and purple sparkle with an orange belly. Might even play with a couple myself.

Reactions: DocLee81

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
The oyster beds at fort fisher have provided me with at least $50 worth of mirolures and double drop rigs just this summer. Most of which I donated back to the oysters a high tide... just walking the beds at extreme low tide is as fun as fishing

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have actually lost very few lures over the years, but some where out in about 8ft of water in the middle of beverdam at falls lake there is a spinning rod of mine laying on the bottom, if it wasn't February with a water temp in the low 40's I would have jumped in to get it. I broke ice about and inch thick at the launch point that morning to get my kayak out on the water.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I found a Yo-Zuri shrimp in the fall at the beach in the reeds....almost lost my sandal's getting it out though. Ive also found lots of stuff walking around the high tide line on remote areas of sheep island...top dog was my best find up there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.