NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go fishing weekdays only! :) Unfortunately most folks I know work during the week. :( I was thinking that it might be a good idea to team up occasionally with someone who is also off during the week and do some near shore, offshore or inshore fishing. I'll supply the boat. If you own a boat then maybe we could alternate, but if you don't, thats ok to. No particticular time in mind, just weekdays when cirumstances allow. If your interested let me know.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Paul - Sales in the medical field - I have "boat loads" of experience in the radiology and home monitoring equipment and software sectors. If you have opportunities in these areas, I would welcome the opportunity to send you my resume. Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I might take you up on that offer over the summer or spring break. That's the advantages of being a teacher.:D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike--Sounds good to me! I had the boat out monday. The seas were calm and it was a beautiful day. My wife and I had a relaxing day and caught tons of invisible fish. Sorry no pictures to prove it. Seriously though, I'll be in touch and hopefully the weather and water will warm up soon!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coach D--The offer remains--so we'll keep some future fishing days in mind. The only limitations I have are weather, sea conditions, and a wife!! These aside, I hope to get in alot of fishing experience this year.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I have the wife problem as well. However, since I gave up baseball and wrestling to be home with her more during the offseason of football then I claim fishing time.:D She sometimes tries to claim it back though.:rolleyes: I'll be in touch. I've never fished in the big lake to the west so I want to try it this year.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike--- Thursday is a possibility, but I have an appointment in the morning that would tie me up until after 11am. There is a chance that I can rearrange things. I should know by tomorrow morn at the latest. Friday is definitely out. What time would you want to head out thursday assuming it's a go?

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Anytime - but if you want to go offshore for some grouper - best to leave early. I know a spot about 28 nm from the inlet. If ya just want to bottom fish for some black bass and grunts we should be able to still find some in the 10-15 nm range.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hey Big Al, I'll be seeing what days I can come down during spring break soon. You mind if I bring a fellow teacher and fishing enthusiast who has never been fishing in the ocean either? Just let us know what we need to bring and we are there. Thanks for the oppurtunity.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Coach D-I hope I wasn't misleading with my intentions. It would be difficult for me to make specific and definite plans more then a few days in advance. Its difficult to say what I might be doing otherwise. Also, who knows what the weather will be doing. It's also possible that rough seas could cause a cancellation on the day one plans to go out! By the way, when exactly is your spring break? The best thing would be to make plans the same week that circumstances allow for some joint fishing. The closer to the day, the better. I'm simply thinking of waking up to one of those beautiful mornings during the week with the time to go fishing. It's always nice to be able to call someone else who is off also, to go that day or maybe the next day.

AL

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I was just thanking you for just putting the idea out there to anyone who would be able to go with ya. Was a nice gesture to you for those of us who are stuck inland. I fully understand about that kind of thing.

I was just talking with my fingers while I was thinking (kinda like thinking out loud) when I said I would be getting my stuff together. Gotta get work done before I can fish. The break is right after Easter and we all know what happens with the weather at that time of the year.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hey Coach D--comes your spring break, or summer vacation, we'll see whats going on. If timing and circumstances permit, we might be able to make some plans at that time. What about your wife? Does she fish? Mine does, just not as often as I like. Spontaneity is what I prefer when it comes to fishing, although this is not always the case. Short term planning( a day or two in advance ) is fine also.

AL

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Spontaneity is what I prefer when it comes to fishing, although this is not always the case.

AL
Al---You sound like my kind of fisherman. My favorite times to go fishing are when I take a "notion" to go--- regardless of what the bitetime or almanac says.:confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.