NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on going to Weldon for some shad fishing friday and saturday. Hopefuly we'll accidently come across some stripers. If any of you guys will be there and want to hook let me know.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sammy,
I Havn't Been To Weldon In A Couple Of Years Now. Last Trip Was On A Sat And I Decided Not To Do That Again In Peak Season. Love The River Though, Excellent Fishin. Gonna Try To Go Soon But I'm Looking For A Mon Thru Thursday Trip. Let Us Know How Ya Do.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was hardly anyone there the past two days. Friday was the best day to fish. Rain rolled in about eight this morning and drove us off the river. It's the highest I've seen it in last few years and talk that they might open the flood gates if Carr get any higher. It good that it's high so the stripers can come in but it makes it tough to catch the shad. I wouldn't be afraid to fish a weekend during stiper season. Most people only tie up or drift. If you are willing to go down through the swarm for about ten minutes or so you can catch the fish and avoid the crowd.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Fishing The Crowd Was Well Worth It Because The Fishing Is Awsome, The Problem For Us Was The 2 -half Hr Wait To Get The Boat Out And Then Everyone Was Checked And Surveyed By Wardens.... But That Is Just My Bad Luck.
If It Rained Up There Like It Did Here Today.. I Can See Why You Got Ran Off The Water... Man It Poured.
Best Of Luck On Your Next Trip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts