NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the weekend off and wanted to make the most of it before going back on nights for two weeks. On Friday a coworker and I hit a section of river where it was a numbers game. We had to paddle for a few miles in order to get to good water (for bass, I'm sure we passed great, bowfin, catfish, and gar water en route) Many fish such as these were caught
Water Vertebrate Fisherman Gesture Lake
Water Vertebrate Fisherman Lake Fish
Water Vertebrate Fisherman Fish Watercourse
Fish Fin Seafood Tail Ray-finned fish

No size but the nonstop action was fun! One reason for this float was to check out a tributary to the main river. It didn't disappoint in terms of beauty, seclusion and better bass. We beached the canoe and waded up about a half mile. I am going to explore this beauty further in the future.
Fishing net Fisherman Fish Water Seafood
Gesture Fish T-shirt Ray-finned fish Fisherman
Water Vertebrate Fisherman Fish Fishing
Water Plant Boat Plant community Vehicle

Today my wife and I went to a different river in a different basin. We caught a several 2 pound fish each and I lost a huuuuge bowfin which was disappointing. The water level is so low right which was a blessing and a curse. You could really see the fish schooled up. It was like we were floating in an aquarium, but in the clear low water they spooked fairly easily. I did manage a standout riverbass on a jig and craw. This one put up quite the fight
Water Sky Fisherman Fish Tree

Hard to believe Fall bass fishing is right around the corner!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Good trip. If I'm not mistaken, you've got a spotted bass or two there, and a couple of the others look like lmb x spotted bass hybrids.
Example: Pic one and pic two are colored similar, but fish two has a larger mouth.
Yep, I thought I saw at least one spot, too. Surprised at the lack of markings on some of the largemouth. Caught in murkier water than the brightly colored spot?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.