NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting here watching "Luxurious Houseboats" on the travel channel this afternoon and there was one segment where they were talking about houseboat rentals and it got me thinking "What a nice vacation that would be to take a houseboat out for a weekend. The wife can sit in the air conditioned coziness of the boat while I'm out on the back deck fishing (and not catchin)."

My question: Does anyone know if there are any houseboat rental places anywhere along the NC coast; and if so, any idea how much rentals may cost or if these businesses have websites I can visit for more info?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I googled it and found them also. Are there any others in NC? I guess I'm looking for recommendations. Has anyone done this before? If it worth the money. Also, how much of the "fine print" do I need to read to avoid getting taken to the cleaners of things like gas, oil, etc.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
I had thought of this also, but didn't know we had any in the area. Up on Puget Sound, (Washington state) there are a lot of them all around Seattle.

Man what a way to live, salmon fish out the back window while on the "THRONE".:cool: checking out the daily funnies.

Gonna have to do a little google myself, summer vacation's coming up and need to decide where to go. Propably back to TI or to Ft Fisher.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Yeah, I googled it and found them also. Are there any others in NC? I guess I'm looking for recommendations. Has anyone done this before? If it worth the money. Also, how much of the "fine print" do I need to read to avoid getting taken to the cleaners of things like gas, oil, etc.
Greg- I looked through two pages of Google results for NC coastal houseboat rentals and everyone of them was an article or link to the same company in Beaufort. I did see on the FAQ page of the company that the boats are rented full of gas and oil and you pay for what you use. I'm thinking they probably charge marina prices which are usually higher than inland prices.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My wife and I did this for our honeymoon only it wasn't in NC. We went to Dale Hollow Lake in TN and they had pretty much the same rules as for gas/oil and propane. They rented it full and you paid for what you used. It was a GREAT vacation. It was a little pricey but after all, it was our honeymoon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.