NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some fishing at a local lake Saturday and Sunday. The weather was tough, but I still did alright. I caught 3 Saturday with the biggest going 4 lbs. I caught one on a Spinner, one on a Popper, and one on a buzz bait. On Sunday I only caught two fish. One went 2 (caught on a rat-l-trap) and the other was probably a personal best (on a popper). My digital scale took a tragic fall into the lake when I was trying to weigh her so I unfortunately couldn't get a weight. She was a little over 22", and I estimated 6-6.5. My shoe is 10 1/2 to give the picture some perspective. I surprisingly caught most of my fish over the weekend on top water.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice fish Congratulations on the PB sorry about the scale. I tried on top the other morning on Hickory and couldn't get a sniff

Darrell
Thanks! That's okay. It's replaceable. Yeah, most of the hits I got on top were early on Saturday and then late on Sunday. I think they were likely deeper with the drastic weather change.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Glad I showed ya how to get them on rat l trap! Lol. That is a nice fish and I agree it's 6 still amazed it hit popper since they wouldn't even sniff my buzzbait

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad I showed ya how to get them on rat l trap! Lol. That is a nice fish and I agree it's 6 still amazed it hit popper since they wouldn't even sniff my buzzbait
Haha. Yeah. Thanks for the tips on the rat-l-trap. Yeah. I was surprised it hit on top too, but I do think that the popper will continue to work in a little cooler temps since I can work it so much slower as long as they stay shallow. Now that the water is cooling off it'll give me a chance to get used to using spinners and cranks. Once I get good with them then I'll probably add some swim baits and jigs to top off my arsenal.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Get a red eye shad u will get an 8 soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.